Without self-confidence, any task seems daunting and impossible to complete. Having good self-esteem means appreciating yourself for all that you are including both your strengths and weakness. People with a healthy self-esteem are confident in who they are and take pride in their talents and accomplishments. They also acknowledge that they have faults but do not allow those to overcome their satisfaction with life.
There are many ways to increase your self-esteem including:
- improving your self-image.
- befriending your emotions.
- thinking positive and managing negative thoughts.
- setting and achieving realistic goals.
- being compassionate to yourself and to others.
If you need assistance in better connecting with yourself to further develop self-esteem, seek the guidance of a counsellor to help you realize all that you are.
Contact Elizabeth for more information on her counselling services for improving self-esteem.