Counselling in Ottawa
Our Ottawa Counselling Services may help you make lasting lifestyle changes that reflect your highest values. Many people see it as an opportunity for personal growth in a safe and supportive environment.
By choosing to go to counselling, you are:
- acknowledging a concern in your life.
- dealing with your concern rather than letting it get worse.
Ottawa Counselling Services
Sharing your concerns with an objective, trained professional who has no history with you and no vested emotional interest in the outcome may have a positive impact on your future.
Counselling Ottawa allows you to:
- talk with someone who will listen to, understand, and accept you.
- experience a safe and supportive environment.
- better understand your thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
- explore alternative ways of coping with difficulties and overcoming problematic patterns in your life.
- uncover knowledge and resources that are temporarily hidden from view.
You may face some emotional challenges in counselling. Approaching feelings or thoughts you have been trying to avoid may be painful, while changing your beliefs or behaviours can be scary and may sometimes disrupt existing relationships.
Progress may not occur as quickly as you expect. You may experience a sense of moving two steps back to take one step forward, and you may feel worse before you feel better.
Carefully consider whether these risks are worth the benefits. To book an appointment with Elizabeth at Counselling Ottawa call 613-302-1573.